So at the beginning of the year I wrote a post about my bookish resolutions for the year and now as we are half way through it now I thought that I would look back and see how I have been going. For this post I haven’t talked about all of these books individually, it is basically a list of what books I have read that go towards my goals but if you would like to hear more about what I thought about all of these books and my goals in general then you can watch my YouTube video here. So lets get into it;
Read 40 Books
So far I have read 35 books, which is fantastic! I actually cannot believe that I have read so many. I am planning on increasing my goal to either 80 or 100 books just to give myself some motivation for the rest of the year and help me keep this roll going 😀
Finish Or Catch Up On 10 Series
So far I have finished these series;
- The Next Together Duology by Lauren James
- The Illuminae Files series by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
So far I have caught up on these series;
- The Folk of the Air series by Holly Black
- Unearthed series by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner
- Dragon Empire trilogy by Kylie Chan
- Warcross series by Marie Lu
- Witchlands Series by Susan Denard
- The A Court of Thorns and Roses series by Sarah J Maas
- The Shadow Game series by Amanda Foody
- The Arc of a Scythe series by Neal Shusterman
Read More Standalones
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
- Artemis by Andy Weir
- Soundless by Richelle Mead
Read More Contemporaries
- Every Day by David Levithan
Properly Participate In Read-A-Thons
So far this year I have not even attempted this goal but the Summer Biannual Bibliothon is coming up pretty soon so I am planning to participate in that and hopefully complete at least half of the challenges (although as of right now the challenges haven’t been released so we will have to see).
Be More Critical With My Ratings
I think I am doing much better with this goal so far this year, I am really thinking about the books that I read and only giving five stars to the books that I absolutely loved as well as writing more in-depth reviews that I used to. I am really enjoying doing this as it really gets me thinking about what I am reading and why I enjoyed it.
I have definitely read more books! I have read almost the same amount of books in half a year as I did in the whole of last year so I am extremely happy with that. I am hoping to continue this for the rest of the year!
Let me know if you guys set any reading goals this year and how you are going with them. Also if you have any contemporary, standalone, or read-a-thon recommendations I would love to hear them 😀
Thank you for reading!